Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

questions about the portland swap meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default questions about the portland swap meet

I need a little help here, from those that have been to it & know...
From what I've read, the Portland swap meet is one of the biggest auto swap meets in the NW. I've never been to it yet, so I don't know what to expect... or if I should even go. From the looks of it, it's mainly for older cars, (i.e. they have a rule that cars displayed must be at least 25 years old.) If I go, I'm not taking a car, just parts... late model stuff.

Is this a good place to sell what's left of the cars my brother & I used for engine swap donors???? Or is there a better swap meet (or other venue) to sell these parts(especially the bigger ones) locally???? I have them advertised on craigslist now, am going to sell smaller stuff on ebay, and will go to the monroe swap meet with what's left by then.

they were both late model F-bodies(99 & 96), not something 25+ years old. we took parts to the corvette/hipo swap meet and still have a ton(literally) of parts left. We'd like to sell the parts soon, we need to get going on the engine swaps, and get the stuff out of my truck & trailer, so i can make them useful again.

Last edited by AndreS; 02-20-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a couple times and I doubt you would have any problem seeling your parts, Just get your self a swap meet wagon to drag around when ya shop. I remeber seeing some new cars there, I think they are mainly trying to keep it from becomming a big used car lot.