Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Exhaust shops in Portland area? + emmisions question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust shops in Portland area? + emmisions question

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you might know of an exhaust shop in the Portland area that would perform work on a car with duals (no cats). I just got back into town from Arizona where everyone fabs up duals with no cats, and I heard its a bit harder to find a shop that will do any work.

Specifically I need to have the "under the axle" portion of my exhaust redone (post mufflers). The routing the shop in AZ did is wayyy to close to the panhard rod, and of course there is no way in hell to do any rear suspension work without removing the duals completely.

Second question, is the "sniffer" test done on OBDII vehicles anywhere in Oregon, or do they just plug & pass like AZ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scapoose Muffler. Tell him black camaro guy sent you. 543-3034
Extremely reasonable rates, no fear.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks! I'll give him them a call.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He's a good guy even if he is a Ford fan. His shop is real easy to find as well. You'll just take Cornelius Pass Rd to rt 30. Head to Scapoose he's on the way out of town on the left hand side after the light at Scapoose Sand + Gravel. Cant miss it.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the advise of Tom Wong I took my "illegal" setup to Hazel Dale muffler in the Couv and am very happy with the results. Place was almost too clean to be an exaust shop.

What are you driving I'll watch for you and wave as we are neighbors You transfer with Intel?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
On the advise of Tom Wong I took my "illegal" setup to Hazel Dale muffler in the Couv and am very happy with the results. Place was almost too clean to be an exaust shop.

What are you driving I'll watch for you and wave as we are neighbors You transfer with Intel?
Yep, i remember meeting you on this board last time I came up here. Been back in Arizona for a year, now back here again until June of next year. I live off of Cornelius Pass and Cornell right by Intel Ronler Acres campus so just look for the dirty-*** white 99TA with AZ plates and its probably me

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Exhaust shops in Portland area? + emmisions question