Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

SLP oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP oil pump

Are the spacers that come with the SLP oil pump necessary because I can't get my front cover on, any help would be appreciate.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

If you as running a dbl timing set, yes. The back of the pump will make contact with the chain without the spacers.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Camaros710102
Are the spacers that come with the SLP oil pump necessary because I can't get my front cover on, any help would be appreciate.
No they are not necessary and should not be used, the SLP pump has built in spacers in the casting. No need to use them. Without the spacers it will clear the chain and the front cover. They are in the double row timing chain kit, that is why you have them but do not use them when you purchase the SLP pump.

Thanks
Hank
Old 03-27-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the input, man was it difficult to get the oil pump pickup tube bolt started with the spacers on...wish the directions would have said something one way or the other.... thanks for the help
Old 03-27-2007, 10:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Camaros710102
Thanks for the input, man was it difficult to get the oil pump pickup tube bolt started with the spacers on...wish the directions would have said something one way or the other.... thanks for the help

I will make sure the instructions get corrected first thing tomorrow AM. I apologize that they are not up to date. I know this does not help you now. They should have been up to date and that is our mistake. It would have saved you much time and heartache if they were.

Thanks
Hank
Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

It's no big deal man, I was just surprized that I got the oil pump pickup tube bolt in after finding out that I didn't need the shims. Well I got everything together and turned over the motor a couple of times and heard no werd noices so after I eat I will go out and try to fire her up. Thanks again for the help. I hope all goes well...