Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Why am I not surprised...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I not surprised...

I thought it was fishy a few years ago when they were tearing up the highways...Next thing you know they'll be sending us tickets in the mail for speeding or doing any number of "wrong" things on the freeways...

Underground Technology Used To Fight Speeding

POSTED: 8:08 am PDT July 2, 2007
UPDATED: 8:38 am PDT July 2, 2007

SEATTLE -- Underground technology is being used to fight speeding on local highways.

The Seattle Times reports that small wire coils are embedded in miles of freeway.

The coils generate electrical pulses used to record speed data when a vehicle passes over them.

The Department of Transportation issues a quarterly report from the data.

The latest report said the section of roadway with the highest percentage of speeders is mile 111 on Interstate 5 in Lacey.

It also said that 40 percent of all drivers were recorded traveling down the highway at at least 5 mph over the posted speed limit.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

thats gay, but its so true i use to haul ***** going to and from ft lewis on that stretch
Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
I thought it was fishy a few years ago when they were tearing up the highways...Next thing you know they'll be sending us tickets in the mail for speeding or doing any number of "wrong" things on the freeways...

Underground Technology Used To Fight Speeding

POSTED: 8:08 am PDT July 2, 2007
UPDATED: 8:38 am PDT July 2, 2007

SEATTLE -- Underground technology is being used to fight speeding on local highways.

The Seattle Times reports that small wire coils are embedded in miles of freeway.

The coils generate electrical pulses used to record speed data when a vehicle passes over them.

The Department of Transportation issues a quarterly report from the data.

The latest report said the section of roadway with the highest percentage of speeders is mile 111 on Interstate 5 in Lacey.
It also said that 40 percent of all drivers were recorded traveling down the highway at at least 5 mph over the posted speed limit.

LOL most likely me when I am driving down there going 70 in a 60 lol
Old 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

I grew up in Olympia and still go down there about every month so I know where most of the speed traps are and know when to slow down That one spot they are talking about in Lacey is an obvious speed trap and they get people there all the time..It's hard not to speed there though because it's downhill. It's that dip right before Martin Way exit going south.

I personally have been making it a habit not to speed at all. I can't afford the ticket for one and I won't get there any faster to make it worth it, Plus it's actually nice to drive slower and enjoy the ride. The worst part is all the people that don't do the speed limit and ride my *** like there is no tomorrow and pass in no passing zones. And then I see the "Kid on board" signs in their cars..
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I guess no more 140+ mph runs between Olympia and Centralia for me.

That is so freakin gay.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
I grew up in Olympia and still go down there about every month so I know where most of the speed traps are and know when to slow down That one spot they are talking about in Lacey is an obvious speed trap and they get people there all the time..It's hard not to speed there though because it's downhill. It's that dip right before Martin Way exit going south.

I personally have been making it a habit not to speed at all. I can't afford the ticket for one and I won't get there any faster to make it worth it, Plus it's actually nice to drive slower and enjoy the ride. The worst part is all the people that don't do the speed limit and ride my *** like there is no tomorrow and pass in no passing zones. And then I see the "Kid on board" signs in their cars..

Oh you mean the exit 111 area lol I dont travel that section of road that offten unless Dan & I are on the hiway & we are planing on stopping at the walmart. Pretty soon we dont have to even do that lol Just go in to yelm lol
Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Friends dad use to get hit all the time on I-5 going near triple digit speeds. I remember freshly my friend talking to him on his phone and his dad saying "oh crap! there goes someone with a detector doing 100+, gonna let you go so I can concentrate and follow them." Was probably one of you!

Quick Reply: Why am I not surprised...