Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Crusin the Coast 2010

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was alot different to me this year, ALOT of rednecks screaming "DO A BURNOUT"..man I got sick of that ****.

All the Hot Rods were parked and all the thugs/rednecks were cruising Mom's wrecked SUV with 50 cent blaring through blown speakers.....WTF?

Edgewater mall's parking lot looked like a trash dump, what the hell is wrong with people?

I wont be back for a WHILE.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll be back in 11 months and 3 weeks.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Was alot different to me this year, ALOT of rednecks screaming "DO A BURNOUT"..man I got sick of that ****.

All the Hot Rods were parked and all the thugs/rednecks were cruising Mom's wrecked SUV with 50 cent blaring through blown speakers.....WTF?

Edgewater mall's parking lot looked like a trash dump, what the hell is wrong with people?

The only problem i had was friday night, there were some people in a purple low rider parked by us at the mall by the street blaring mexican rap. they even back the truck up on the sidewalk because "they were getting sick and tired of people walking in front of them" it was pissing me and quite a few other people all the way off.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Resident

FFB...i'm with you somewhat. We all stopped at the mall hoping to see some badass street driven race cars (like you) but all we got was regular traffic. We did see you 1 time however. I don't get it, especially Sat. night....it's usually EVERYbody rolling the strip, not so much this year. People are tired of getting tickets i guess. Someone kept saying the cops weren't as strict this year...yea, no one was doing **** because of they way they have been the last 3-4yrs.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chris05ssTruck
FFB...i'm with you somewhat. We all stopped at the mall hoping to see some badass street driven race cars (like you) but all we got was regular traffic. We did see you 1 time however. I don't get it, especially Sat. night....it's usually EVERYbody rolling the strip, not so much this year. People are tired of getting tickets i guess. Someone kept saying the cops weren't as strict this year...yea, no one was doing **** because of they way they have been the last 3-4yrs.
I was riding westbound Sat afternoon, two guys on Harley's in the right lane about 3 cars up from me.....one had a chick on the back popping wheelies, well they decided to do a burnout in some water....the one with the girl on the back ALLLMOST put it on the ground....then the other dumbass did loose it and ended up the the right door of a Honda Accord. Fawkin stupid.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Then I had some REDDDDDNECKS literally get pissed off because I wouldnt do a burnout. Their little heathen kids were screaming I was a wussy...KIDS doing this ****....I flat told them...there was NO WAY I was doing a burnout, too much traffic to do that **** in THIS car...this aint no Honda. Then their MOM came over to give me grief.....then their DAD did it and poured a whole cooler of water under my tires....WTF????????

These were just a few times I saw some stupid crap going on.....

I wont be back next year, and if I DO decide to(unlikely), I will be in the room by 8:00, before the inbreeds come out.

WTF happened to this event?????????????????????????????

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 10-11-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Then I had some REDDDDDNECKS literally get pissed off because I wouldnt do a burnout. Their little heathen kids were screaming I was a wussy...KIDS doing this ****....I flat told them...there was NO WAY I was doing a burnout, too much traffic to do that **** in THIS car...this aint no Honda. Then their MOM came over to give me grief.....then their DAD did it and poured a whole cooler of water under my tires....WTF????????

These were just a few times I saw some stupid crap going on.....

I wont be back next year, and if I DO decide to(unlikely), I will be in the room by 8:00, before the inbreeds come out.

WTF happened to this event?????????????????????????????
Dave, NONE of that stuff has anything to do with CTC. It's a side-effect of CTC. It's like blaming a carnival krewe because some drunk in the crowd starts a fight at Mardi Gras. This is a law-enforcement issue, not a CTC issue. All official CTC events are OVER at night. If the cars stop cruising at night, the morons won't come camp on the roadside and get drunk waiting for nightfall to display their ignorance. That would be a good thing. Maybe they went home as pissed as you and won't be back.

Some of this is a remnant of Katrina, too. There is so much empty beach front property that people can camp out in. These are places that they couldn't even get near prior to 2005.

CTC, has gotten a little too big for it's own good. I sent a lengthy e-mail to them this morning describing what you experienced as well as the problems I had. The sheer logistics of making this event happen over a 29 mile stretch, covering 6 cities, 4800 cars and full week of activities in mind-boggling. It's amazing that these are the worst problems and they are really beyond CTC's control.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

like i said my only problem was the loud music in the truck next to us, other than that i had a good time.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Dave sorry you had a bad time, don't let the trash spoil it for you. Did you drive thru the cruise in @ Ocean Springs on Washington Ave (you could only enter if you were registered) a few times Saturday w/your lady? If not theirs is a black camaro z28 from AL like yours that sounded bad as ****, swore it was you?

CTC, has gotten a little too big for it's own good. I sent a lengthy e-mail to them this morning describing what you experienced as well as the problems I had. The sheer logistics of making this event happen over a 29 mile stretch, covering 6 cities, 4800 cars and full week of activities in mind-boggling. It's amazing that these are the worst problems and they are really beyond CTC's control.
I agree 100% however keep in mind guys, this entire event is put on by the tourism people in these cities, not car guys so its all about the $.

Traffic was so bad by us late Saturday my car stayed parked Saturday night, we rode around in my wifes truck in bumper to bumper traffic, it took us 45 mins to get from the end of the bridge coming from Ocean Springs, back to Beau Rivage/ Biloxi Saturday @ 4pm, we even saw MS DOT trying to sync the lights better to get the flow moving, didn't work.

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 10-11-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Dave sorry you had a bad time, don't let the trash spoil it for you. Did you drive thru the cruise in @ Ocean Springs on Washington Ave (you could only enter if you were registered) a few times Saturday w/your lady? If not theirs is a black camaro z28 from AL like yours that sounded bad as ****, swore it was you?

Yup that was me LOL.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Yup that was me LOL.
Cool, thats why they were yelling that then... Sounds great!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

I had a guy pretty much do the same **** FFB. They kept pulling out the camera's and yelling. I had the windows up and ac on blast (Street car's have this), but it was pissing me off. They just kept yelling. Right up to the car...if i had the window down, they would have prolly had their head in. When that happened (IF) they can meet my good friend 3 steps away.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Cool, thats why they were yelling that then... Sounds great!
Yelling?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Yelling?
Asking, requesting, begging, demanding, holding a sign up......for a burn out But YES, it does get annoying and especially when you see what some of them are driving, like you say, suvs w/4 different tires and such.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Record attendance, really nice cars except a dumpy 11 second lt1 that the owner wouldn't even look at people, and a crap ton of people showing up after hours, in which said dumpy lt1 and equally dumpy silver lt1 car did not participate in.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

I was out pretty much everyday. There became to much traffic of regular cars to do a burnout plus people standing inches from the road and sorry I am not going to risk it to make others happy. Cops were out like crazy but very relaxed for the most part. I got pulled over but let go and didnt get pulled over for a burnout either. It was my first CTC and had a blast over a 1k pix and tons of videos. Cannot wait till next year.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 AM
On The Tree

I agree some of the people can be annoying. We just stayed away from the crowded area's during the weekend (Gulfport, Biloxi, etc.). We were in Bay St. Louis Saturday and that was nice. It was pretty calm.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wake00
I agree some of the people can be annoying. We just stayed away from the crowded area's during the weekend (Gulfport, Biloxi, etc.). We were in Bay St. Louis Saturday and that was nice. It was pretty calm.
Wake, have you been in the Ocean Springs section on Washington Ave?, very nice but very crowded, but no burnout requests either...similar to BSL I imagine.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jdiddyws6
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Record attendance, really nice cars except a dumpy 11 second lt1 that the owner wouldn't even look at people, and a crap ton of people showing up after hours, in which said dumpy lt1 and equally dumpy silver lt1 car did not participate in.
Yeh, its a dumpy ole LT1 car.....thats why its about to have its picture taken

I didnt look around much, no. I was too busy watching the dumbass rednecks around me in Moma's SUV texting while driving and doing burnouts.

You cant hear much over the exhaust anyway...I apologize if I seemed kinda snooty....been under the weather lately with a BAD case of shingles.....that **** will wear you down and make you pretty mad at the world I must say.

As far as street racing goes, I been done with that for a while now. I just enjoy the ole hooptie, you young guys can have that scene I had my fun doing it.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Wake, have you been in the Ocean Springs section on Washington Ave?, very nice but very crowded, but no burnout requests either...similar to BSL I imagine.
Ocean Springs and Bay St Louis are, by far, the best venues.

Quick Reply: Crusin the Coast 2010