Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2011 National Memorial Day Parade

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 National Memorial Day Parade

I know it's short notice, but we're running a little short on participants. We're at 7 and we need another 5-7 to join the parade with us

2011 National Memorial Day Parade
Washington, D.C.

Monday, 30 May, 2011
----------------------------------------------------------

It’s time again to start gathering a group together for this year’s parade. I'd like to get 15 vehicles for this event. It'll be organized pretty much the same as it's been for the last year; staging area, parade route, etc. Let me know via this thread if you'd like to be in the parade and I'll update this post with a current list of participants.

If you've not been in a parade, particularly of this caliber, you're truly missing out. Thousands of people come out to sit along the streets in DC to watch the veterans, floats, bands, clubs, celebrities, etc. Plus, considering recent events (Osama's demise), there will likely be more people than originally anticipated.

I'd like to suggest we determine, over the next few weeks, where we'll meet afterward. This way, if we get split-up, folks will already know where we're going and be able to drive more safely and have a better parade experience by not getting left out of the post parade activities. If anyone has a good suggestion, don't keep it to yourself. We can collectively pick a place as the date gets closer. We'll get an address and maybe some general directions from the parade exit(s) so that with any luck, things will go smoothly.

NOTE: Absolutely NO burnouts and NO "excessive" revving of engines. Well, maybe a little revving, but don't go nuts. And again, NO burnouts.

As in the past, we'll join forces with the 101st Airborne Division veterans. They already contacted me and are excited that we'll once again be participating together.

If you're interested, keep an eye on this thread and I'll add important information as it comes available.

Please keep in mind that while I may be the club coordinator, we all participate and contribute. Meaning... if you have what you think is a good idea, speak up. Most things are only as good as you make them and this event is no exception.

Thanks,
Marc
Go to http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/forums/...ial-Day-Parade
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm suprised more people arent wanting to do this with us....
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Teching In

yea no kidding!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sound like fun. Are you still looking for participants? I'll make the drive.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Absolutely!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. PM sent for further instructions.

Quick Reply: 2011 National Memorial Day Parade