Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Want to repaint dark grey interior pieces to near oem color.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want to repaint dark grey interior pieces to near oem color.

Hey guys I have acquired a 95 Trans Am with dark grey interior. The door panels, kick panels, and etc are pretty faded and I would like to repaint them. I would like them to look as close to oem color wise as possible. Has anyone found a close match color wise.

Thanks, Chase
Old 02-16-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Default here

http://www.eastwoodco.com/
Old 02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

go to your local ppg paint carrying store and lookup your year, make, model and what color interior you have, they not only have paint codes for exterior, they also have interior paint codes, and can mix it right up for you on the spot. Ive redone tons of interior parts using their paint and not one person has ever noticed they are painted, ive even painted tan door panel plastic to match dark grey interior and not a single person beleived me they were painted. For the best results make sure you get the propper plastic prep supplies. I ordered SEM products, their plastic wax n degrease soap, plastic/vinyl prep, and their plastic sand free adhesion promoter. Follow the directions on the SEM products, followed by spraying the ppg paint within 10 minutes of the sand free adhesion promoter, and there you go! Also, for best match as far as sheen (glossyness), they should ask you if you want it in the more gloss or flatter gloss interior paint. And ive found that the flatter one is a perfect match to the rest of your panels. If you have any questions just ask! n good luck
Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jwill_20
go to your local ppg paint carrying store and lookup your year, make, model and what color interior you have, they not only have paint codes for exterior, they also have interior paint codes, and can mix it right up for you on the spot. Ive redone tons of interior parts using their paint and not one person has ever noticed they are painted, ive even painted tan door panel plastic to match dark grey interior and not a single person beleived me they were painted. For the best results make sure you get the propper plastic prep supplies. I ordered SEM products, their plastic wax n degrease soap, plastic/vinyl prep, and their plastic sand free adhesion promoter. Follow the directions on the SEM products, followed by spraying the ppg paint within 10 minutes of the sand free adhesion promoter, and there you go! Also, for best match as far as sheen (glossyness), they should ask you if you want it in the more gloss or flatter gloss interior paint. And ive found that the flatter one is a perfect match to the rest of your panels. If you have any questions just ask! n good luck
Thanks a lot. I know it's bad to say but my parents own a body shop and I haven't even consider running an interior color code lol. I am just use to working on the outside of a car.

,Chase
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

No problem. But definitely invest in the SEM products for proper prep. Its pricey,but will last ten times longer.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jwill_20
No problem. But definitely invest in the SEM products for proper prep. Its pricey,but will last ten times longer.
Will do thanks.

Quick Reply: Want to repaint dark grey interior pieces to near oem color.