Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Anyone running a VFN hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a VFN hood?

im pretty sure my mind is made up on getting the VFN Sunoco style 6" cowl for my 95 BBC z28...just wondering if anyone has run a hood from VFN and if so how was the overall fit? i know fiberblass panels are never perfect, but in a real world are the lines tollerable? anyone who has or has in the past run a hood from VFN please let me know...thanks!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of people have them on here including me. Fit is really good for an aftermarket piece. Now I dont know about the 6 inch hood but here is mine.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

that looks real nice. car is beautiful...i appreciate the opinion. i have had two harwoods and they fit like trash. the 6" im looking at is 6" at the bump and tapers back to 4" at the wiper cowl...i need the additional hood clearence because im running a carb. 454 bbc. otherwise you bet your *** i'd run a nice little sleak one like yours!. again BEAUTIFUL car. thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man, The 6" Cowl Hood I think your talking about is the Wide Sunco Style. I have that hood on my 98. Not sure if thats what ya are talking about or not. But the company says its about 5.5" at the blug/break of the hood and about 3.5" at the end of the cowl. I like the hood. It is a very good hood to chose for clearance, but I honestly would go with the regular 3" shown above. If ya go with a more low profile Air cap it will fit easily. The 6" area really doesnt help fit the clearance issue any more then a normal 3" does due to the fact that that extra room is more towdumdumdum the front of the car. I can post up some pics later.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

yes thats the hood i was refering to .....blah, god hates me! lol. im gonna wind up running a big ugly hood...i had a 3" cowl and i have about half an inch from the choke horn to the hood...and im not gonna choke the motor thats pointless. i dunno i'll figure out something i guess
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I got the 4 inch i had no problems to install it.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have two VFN hoods one Z and one T/A. Fit on the Z is awesome and the T/A is ok glad it isn't a show car because i would not win there.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a VFN hood?