Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

painted some things from the engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default painted some things from the engine bay

well i have alot of time on my hands lol and i've always wanted to do this so here we go lol

i got the driver side off no problem just had to use a flat head screwdriver to pop it off the head . . . but the passenger side just slide right off when al the bolts where pulled all the way out that'd explain my seeping oil on the passenger side but thankfully i have a new set of valve cover gaskets so i'm good anyway here are the pics

my budd matt helped me with this and after using some sand paper they looked like this

1st coat

and i painted the brackets also but this is only one so far

and here are our cars my SS, Matt's Z28 and our buddy Jeff just picked up this 98 vette with only 38k on the clock

Old 06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey killer job, I think it will go nicely with the body color. Was it easy taking them off, I have some spare time and I was wanting to just clean the covers on mine, might as well paint them too.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by masterz28
Hey killer job, I think it will go nicely with the body color. Was it easy taking them off, I have some spare time and I was wanting to just clean the covers on mine, might as well paint them too.
it only took 25 minutes to pull everything off but the sanding and painting took awhile lol thanks BTW

Quick Reply: painted some things from the engine bay