Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Minor Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Minor Annoyance

I do not have a pic at the moment, but long story short. I had my car's nose and WS.9 Hood painted last December, I had the head light covers and blended into the fenders. NBM paint of course.

The hood looks awesome and for the most part the paint blended perfectly and I have had a lot of compliments. The nose was reused and the car has 43k at the time of the spray and as of today 44,5xx. Stays in a garage and covered most of the time and I didnt drive it till May and the 1st was as around Memorial.

Since then I started to see spider web cracks in the paint. It's very annoying and at some point it will be fixed and its only noticable if you look for it. This is probably more of a bitching session and I do know that with Urethane, it happens.

But has anyone else had this happen?? Get a car painted and see cracks in Urethane??

https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=551 here are the pics...

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what, the same thing happend to my buddys hugger orange camaro. He had the front bumper repainted and stuck it in the garage and left it. At the time it was late winter. He pulled it out in spring and thats when we saw the paint cracking on the bumper. Turns out it didnt cure properly and when he left it out in a cold garage the paint cracked. The body shop fixed it for him free of charge and now all is well. I cant tell how severe yours is because im on my work comp and it sux! But his was very bad right by the the headlight on the pass. side. Good luck man.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Internet Mechanic

Thanks. That basically what happended, Cold Storage garage from Dec to May and It was not driven. At some point this will get fixed but at first, I thought someone bumped into me or I hit something and it was driving me nuts! Being the low milage, one would think it would be odd but at least I am not the only one.

I will get a pic later and post it.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup we thought the same thing when we saw it too. But we knew no one hit the car.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by LS1crazy01
Yup we thought the same thing when we saw it too. But we knew no one hit the car.
We will be contacting the body shop today, as when the car came out and with in 2 weeks, that showed up and then I re-parked the car for almost 2 months due to being busy and this morning I saw more.

It hasnt flaked but I am sure, if left un attended, it would start to do that.

I will still get a pic tonight, is my hope so we will see!