Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Size compressor? Good gun?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Size compressor? Good gun?

What kinda stuff shoud I go toward for a decent setup to paint pretty much whatever on the car I want?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more air tools you run at the same time the bigger compressor you will need. A rule of thumb is if your painting something and during that time the compressor can run up to 80% of that time and needs to stop 20% of the time. It just depend on your air needs really. As far as a gun, HVLP (high volume low pressure) is the best stay away from siphon feed guns as they just waste product with all the overspray. As far as a gun brand I prefer sata, but thats a very expensive gun. But you get what you pay for to. I have seen some nice kits on ebay that include the gun, cup, two or three different tips, cleaning kit, and a handy case to keep it in. Those guns are devilbess and binks which are also good guns. I hope that helps.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Teching In

I was throwin around this one, http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraygundep...mno=DEV+802343 how is it?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had actually looked at a kit just like that. A body of mine has a devillbiss he bought new from the local MAC guy. I have used it it seems to spray well. His has the plastic push on lid which sucks cause it leaks when you try and get those hard to reach areas. Those look like they have the metal screw on lids which are better IMO. The best advice I can give is once your done with the gun for the day, make sure you clean it really well. Theres nothing worse than cleaning a gun half assed than using it the next time and it doesnt spray or it sprays a little and runs out all over the part your painting.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by jlromines
What kinda stuff shoud I go toward for a decent setup to paint pretty much whatever on the car I want?
sata-jet makes some nice guns.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Teching In

iwatta, sata-jet, devilbiss- all these manufactures make great guns, i own a satta-jet 2000 hvlp and love it!

Quick Reply: Size compressor? Good gun?