Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

bodywork

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bodywork

First off I have no pictures. This is a car im looking into buying for myself and later possibly handing over to my kid. Its a 95 camaro t-top. It has some damage on the drivers rear quarter panel around the gas tank. The damage consists of a rust hole about the size of a softball in front of the rear wheel and behind the door. Down low by the rocker. Also has been krinkled up around the gas fill area. The car drives great and otherwise is a good buy. I would just like to have some Idea of what this might cost to be repaired.

I should add, I'm not looking for show quallity here. Just to make it look better. So if anyone on here can give me a best/worst case here I would appreciate it a lot. Its a v6 car and I dont want to sink too much into it.

Thanks.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Without seeing pics I would say by your description that you should really take a good look at this car or take it by a reputable body shop in your area bc if theres rust on the quarter that bad then theres gotta be rust elsewhere on the car that maybe you can't see on the surface and if so you are asking for a world of trouble. I see you are from up north so I would especially beware of any rust on this car from salting the roads in the winter. Being that it's a 95 V6 car I would say even if the car is in excellent condition that it still isn't worth alot so any money that you have to put into this to get it right is just gonna be a waste. Bodywork isn't cheap and you get what you pay for!!!!! My suggestion maybe would be be patient and keep looking for another car! If you could get it for less than $1000 then i might consider it otherwise i would forget about it! Hope that helps and good luck!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for the speedy reply. Im kinda on the fence about it. Maybe I should pass on it though.

Thanks.