Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

look what ive done :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default look what ive done :(

almost 10 years of driving and here comes my first car hit it was so stupid that i almost teared i was at the show rooms in an auto market here locally and i came across a nice dealer was selling a nice bmw family car, i came to stop next to his stupid door, winds blew and moved the door while am going straight at it..tried to avoid it but there was no enough room and heres what happened its no big deal i know but car has 125K and it has no single scratch on it gotta fix that tomorrow. should i paint the small spot or just paint the whole fender? and bumper? head light is cheap am getting a replacement today. am scared of mismatching colors.. any ideas?
sorry its just my phone cam

Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

if you find a good enough body man he can make it like new again and NOT paint the whole fender and nose... they can come damn close to matching older paint.. they will most likely have to reclear both completely but only colorspray a small portion. my advice is to have it blended... you will most definitely have some texture variances but if you find a reputable shop im sure you will be happy with the result.. just have them buff the whole car with the oscillating orbital.. or at the very least the whole pass side....
Old 10-23-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
if you find a good enough body man he can make it like new again and NOT paint the whole fender and nose... they can come damn close to matching older paint.. they will most likely have to reclear both completely but only colorspray a small portion. my advice is to have it blended... you will most definitely have some texture variances but if you find a reputable shop im sure you will be happy with the result.. just have them buff the whole car with the oscillating orbital.. or at the very least the whole pass side....
I just called a friend whos having garage with body works too they are too busy but he can arrange it on next week..he said it can be done without repainting everything hopefully lol..ill make them polish or buff the car too. thanks
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

no problem... but if theyre any good they will know what to do
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

yep they are pretty good ive seen some paint jobs i usually go to them for mechanichal stuff..lets test their bodywork
Old 10-23-2010, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is black and as long as you buff the adjacent panels then you should have no problem with matching. The code is WA8555 and it's kinda hard to mess up black. The new paint will just be shinier than the old paint but buffing the adjacent panels should take care of that!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

^ hope so. i have 1L of that code at home i got it to paint a rear valance but it looked like crap so i didnt put it. thanks for the input guys

Quick Reply: look what ive done :(