Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

side skirt damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side skirt damage

in front of the rear wheels, it seems the previous owner put the car on a shop lift wrong and bent that area. its dented in pretty good back there right in front of the wheel. and on the passenger side, they hit a curb and dented and scratched it. neither are noticeable unless you're payin a little closer attention. any ways, im wanting to fix it all since the weathers startin to get better. how would you guys do it?

i'll try to get some pics of it tommorrow if it will help
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

would you take them off and hammer em back out from the other side. how hard to you think that would be to take em off and then weld em back on? i'll get some pics up before long
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

The rockers are structural on these cars. You just dont drill them off and weld them back on. If you were going to do that you would just replace them, which is somewhat of a pain to do correctly on these cars.

I would just pull them out. Depending on how badly they are damaged, they usually reshape well. This is something you may want to consider having a shop do, or someone who has considerable knowledge of body repair.

Quick Reply: side skirt damage