Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HELP: Where do I get this part???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HELP: Where do I get this part???

Hey guys,

This is for the guys who have replaced the rear 1/4 panels on the 4th gens. Behind the driver side 1/4, just behind the gas door is a plastic part that also has some ahessive on it. My guess is that it's suppose to add support to where the gas door goes.

When I removed the rear 1/4 from the donor car I had to break it apart to remove the panel. I haven't removed the 1/4 panel from my car yet. I want to know where can I find this part (dealer said they don't have it). If I can't find it I'll have to cut out the 1/4 from my car in sections to avoid damaging it.

You can see the residue from the ahessive on the inside of the 1/4 panel.

In this picture I outlined on the outside of the 1/4 panel exactly where it goes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to weld the new 1/4 panel in tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Location: Weatherford Tx 76085 corner of N. Hwy 51 and 150 Green branch Rd.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I see why don't you just use some windsheild urethane glue for that gas cap area. The gas cap and hose gets supported by the (black) piece that screws on the quarter panel with two screws. You can also try and find some foam, cut it, and glue it on the quarter. It probably was there to prevent vibration rattle if it butts up against the inner quarter support. Ernest
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, last night I just decided to cut out my original 1/4 panel in sections to prevent damaging this part on my car. It's not just glue, it's a plastic part with some hard foam and it used glue to hold it in place. I'm still going to have to buy some windshield glue when I weld in the new panel though. I'll snap some pics today or tomorrow. I can't wait to get the body all done so that I can start working on the performance mods.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Location: Weatherford Tx 76085 corner of N. Hwy 51 and 150 Green branch Rd.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man, sounds like you got it all taken care of.

Quick Reply: HELP: Where do I get this part???