Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HVLP spraying chassis saver paint on frame help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HVLP spraying chassis saver paint on frame help

ended up brushing 90% of the rear half of my truck with chassis saver paint by Magnet Paints, the #99 high build jet black. Used about half a quart. Then borrowed a capspray 9100 hvlp setup and blew through the rest of the quart hitting the ceiling parts of the frame underneath, I think i got more on the garage floor than on the truck.
so my question is, what's a good cheap setup that i could get to spray the front half of the underside of my truck? I can brush a lot of it on, and it goes pretty far by brushing it, but some of the areas are just a pain to reach with a brush.
this guy on youtube used harbor freight 93312 paint kit,
and i picked up that kit this weekend and what a piece of ****, just checking the thing before putting paint in it the seal on the can didn't hold and then when i did manage to get it to seal to 10 psi the trigger on the gun leaked so i returned it. so not sure if i should try picking up another one.

http://magnetpaints.com/MSDS-TECH/TDS_UCP99.pdf
the other thing is the chassis saver paint says to use spray tip size 0.013-0.017 which is 0.5 mm. the hvlp i borrowed the tip sizes were all 0.050" or greater. and some kits i looked up online are all around 2mm needle size. so i don't know what chassis saver is talking about, 0.5 mm seems ridiculously small to spray this kind of paint.

Last edited by 1 FMF; 07-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quick Reply: HVLP spraying chassis saver paint on frame help