Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....

well, I've had my TA for going on 7 years now, an it is definitely starting to show it's age ( especially ) the paint / clear coat. The Hood is peeling right at the front of it, there's also a blotched looking dark spot on the hood. The driver side mirror and back driver side bumper are both peeling ( Clearcoat ) is flaking off. The back fender ( right above the tire ) is faded/a bit rough feeling to the touch. When I bought the car from the dealership, 7 years ago, none of these problems with the paint where there, so it makes m think that when they got the car in to the dealership, these problems where starting to show, and so, they likely got it to the shop and touched ( covered them up ), rather than doing a legit paint job. All this brings me to my question and asking for help from LS1Tech members...... I'm trying to avoid having it fully repainted, as 1. I don't have the $3,500 I was quoted to have it done ( reputable body shop in my area ),although I got a quote at $900 - $1100 for a full paint job, and that would depend on the layers of Clearcoat I wanted them to apply to the car. The guy was honest though, and said the Paint job for that price would last me 3-5 years tops. Question is..... could a good Detail shop fix the paint and clearcoat wear and tear that's showing , enough to cover them up and not make it not to noticeable, or is a Full Paint job my only option ? thanks everyone for your time and help, can't hank everyone enough - Mike
Attached Thumbnails HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....-p1020561.jpg   HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....-p1020563.jpg   HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....-p1020564.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 03:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say, it's gonna need a repaint. Also, it looks as though it was already repainted on the cheap side. I, IMHO, wouldn't repaint that without stripping it first. If not, new paint will follow in the same direction again, fail.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yup a paint job will be needed.

Quick Reply: HELP plz.... Paint fading/ ClearCoat peeling on TA ....