Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Pic request: TA rocker extension metal clip mounting surface

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pic request: TA rocker extension metal clip mounting surface

In the process of trying to catch any potential future rust areas before they happen. I'm sure that I am going overboard but this ia a car that I will never sell and knowing that one day in my lifetime the car may need restored, keeping the possibility of rust to a minimum will save a lot of time and headaches in the future. One day I will have it on the body lift as just an empty shell so it can be completely blasted and repainted.

Currently my car is low mile and as close to mint as I can keep it while still cruising and racing as much as possible. I know just from working on car from the 30's to present that doing a little work now will be worth it, so here is my idea:

TA rocker extensions for some reason are attached through a bunch of holes w/ paint gouging metal clips, and eventually due to many miles and road vibrations will cause bare metal and eventually rust. Even though my car is stored for 7 months a year, it does sit outside in summers. What I am trying to figure out is a different fastening idea. Pull the rocker extensions, ditch the metal clips and hopefully adapt a plastic interior trim clip, or my last resort double sided tape of some type.

If it ever got bad in the future, correct inner / outer rocker replacement sucks and I have never seen NOS body metal for our cars so it's time to catch anything early.

So after all of that I need help from someone who may have this pic. I need a close-up shot of the back of the rocker extension of 1 clip and how it mounts. I can find pics of the extension backs easily, but they mostly are blurry and not close enough. Hopefully some who is adding these to their car or doing a full repaint may have the shot I need. If anyone can help I would really appriciate it.

Thank You,

-mark jr.

Quick Reply: Pic request: TA rocker extension metal clip mounting surface