Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Heart Break.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 07:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heart Break.

So this happened.

Long Story Short dont have remote start on a stick car or dont let your 3 year old play in the car before you remote start it the next morning.

Well my question is for you paint guys. I want to paint the new bumper cover and possibly the hood. Would a pint be enough paint to cover both?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you want to change that bumper cover you could take it off and fix it. There are many ways to go about it. If you grill in not so terrible damaged you could also lightly sand and repaint.

How would you car start without the clutch pushed in? I suppose it would have to be bypassed for a remote start to work.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

this is why installers are told NOT to install remote start on manual transmission cars and some simply will not.

@Samples, it's a simple neutral safety switch bypass.

this is not the first I've heard of this either, back in the early days of remote start there was a local guy that had it on his SI hatchback (that wasn't more then 2 or 3 years old) and he (like most manual trans guys) left it in gear to hold it on the incline instead of using the parking brake and then hit the remote start and it proceeded to hit every car in front of it in a parking lot, since every time it stalls out the remote starter would re crank it and it would do it again.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been thinking of getting a remote starter but was always afraid this would happen. Isn't there a way to set it up so if it detects it's in gear it wouldn't crank?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Yea it sucks. I didn't install the kit it was already installed when I bought the car. I'm gonna disable it. I've got bigger fish to fry now. The diff went out and now I'm buying a 12 bolt. SMH. When the crap hits the fan it hits the fan.

Last edited by Chevyman1968; 04-13-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Launching!

a proper remote start in manual will only work if you shut the car off with the remote with the doors locked, if you open the doors before the morning the car wont start. its a pain in the *** but really the only way to make sure the car isn't in gear.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like a pain. Its a viper alarm/remote system so I am just disabling the remote start and only have it for the Alarm system. What would be good to use for the grille repair. Here are few pictures of the cracked area.

Quick Reply: Heart Break.