Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement
Old 05-10-2016, 02:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

what color calipers on red trans am?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
On a red car I would go black, on any other color car either silver or red. NO other colors should be considered.
To each his own. They were red before and were out of place since the car has nothing but black, white, gunmetal, and blue lit gauges anywhere on it. So I got a bright blue gloss and did gunmetal brackets on the rears. I couldn't be happier:

Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezasterz
Where'd you get those decals I believe I've seen the white ones on eBay before if I could get reds ones it would look nice
Fourth Circle Designs decals over G2 caliper paint. If they dont have them on their site you can email them and they'll make them for you.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's to each his own, but why paint them black. You can't see them. I think it makes the car pop when the calipers are painted. It just adds to the car. Don't get me wrong, the car can look good without painted as well. I would search google first before painting.

Why isn't anyone painting the inner bracket as well? I didn't to start with and it didn't look that good. Here is a pic before I did the inner bracket. I don't have any pics after I painted them.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

I agree, if they are easily visible they should either be painted or at least cleaned regularly otherwise they make the car look like ****.

I liked the way my rears came out with gunmetal brackets rather than everything being painted. I like the way yours look in the picture too but they also look good all red/black/silver/etc.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

I agree, if they are easily visible they should either be painted or at least cleaned regularly otherwise they make the car look like ****.

I liked the way my rears came out with gunmetal brackets rather than everything being painted. I like the way yours look in the picture too but they also look good all red/black/silver/etc.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red just seems too played out to me. Maybe if I had aftermarket calipers and a strong desire to wash them constantly I'd go the flashy route. I'd much rather have people's attention drawn to the rest of the car that I have much more blood and sweat invested in.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
Red just seems too played out to me. Maybe if I had aftermarket calipers and a strong desire to wash them constantly I'd go the flashy route. I'd much rather have people's attention drawn to the rest of the car that I have much more blood and sweat invested in.
Exactly how I felt about too much red. The black doesn't pop out but it's a little bit noticeable in light lol and it just gives a clean not flashy offset color.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A company local to me does this for $400.00......well worth it in my opinion. Never have to redo them.....Chrome Plating. They wash clean with soap and water.

Don't remember which member owns these.....but this is what Im doing soon. I think our calipers are pretty cheesy looking from the factory, chrome plating them and the brackets in my opinion are the only way to make them look good.
Attached Thumbnails what color calipers on red trans am?-chrome.plated.cals.brackets.front.jpg   what color calipers on red trans am?-chrome.plated.cals.brackets.rear.jpg   what color calipers on red trans am?-chrone.cals.bracket.rim.jpg  

Last edited by LS6427; 07-26-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This isn't bad I guess, but the red needs to be really bright to look good.....

Attached Thumbnails what color calipers on red trans am?-chrome-red-calipers.jpg  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think floating calipers are ugly as sin so they should be hidden with a dark paint. Otherwise you're just polishing a turd IMO.

Aside from that, any color that fits your car's color scheme will look good. The V2 looks great in black with those massive 6 piston yellow calipers. Red seems a little played out and your car needs to be pretty badass to pull them off. Blue is a nice alternative to bring a bit of color-pop without being too "look at me!"

I still prefer subtle colors like silver, gunmetal, black, etc. though. Hell, my DD G6 is getting 4 piston brembos and they are staying the stock flat black.

Quick Reply: what color calipers on red trans am?