Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Getting a hood to fit right, and bolts for Harwood

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Getting a hood to fit right, and bolts for Harwood

Long story short

6 years ago bought a used Harwood from a member here for my old 98 after I had a winter mishap. Hood never made it onto that car.

Got my 99 back in 2012. Had some seemingly minor rock chips on the hood that turned into horribly peeled paint after a car wash. After some time in the sun the primer is turning to powder underneath and just running down the hood, headlight, and bumper when it rains. Looks like utter crap.

Got the idea recently to plastidip the harwood (it had a bad white paint job on it) and install it on the car that way until I can afford to repaint the whole car properly (needs roof panel etc). So I plastidipped it this morning (and did a crappy job at it, oh well), took off my old hood, set this one on top, and it doesn't look like it is going to fit well at all! The sides are totally wrong it looks like. If I push down on the sides it looks like it comes a lot closer to matching up (and maybe I could adjust fenders to line up closer too) but I'm concerned about having the hood under pressure like that all the time.

Could the fiberglass have warped over 6 years of storage? It was leaned up against a wall the whole time.

Also, does anyone know what bolts a Harwood uses for the hinges and latch? Factory bolts do not fit (latch ones are too small, hinge ones are too big).

I'm also wondering if maybe this isn't a Harwood but an ebay special. No idea.

Name:  20150703_142931_zpseougdgim.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  232.8 KB
Name:  20150703_142941_zps5dzs8846.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  198.0 KB
Name:  20150703_143015_zpsasbim9sw.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  137.0 KB

Quick Reply: Getting a hood to fit right, and bolts for Harwood