Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How long before new vfn hood can be painted

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long before new vfn hood can be painted

Hi I just got my new vfn sunoco hood to day. How long do I have to wait before I can have it painted. I have been told a week to 3 months. how much does the primer shrink ? Is there anyway to speed up shrinking process. I want to get it done asap. thanks.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i go by this for all fiberglass hoods... run it on the car for about 2 weeks... then you paint it... the heat from the engine helps the gel coat cure 100% thus reavealing any waves-pin holes- and other imperfections that might show up through the paint if not cured like this... (iv seen people do this) its also good to run it on the car becuase you can line it up and make sure it fits properly somtimes fiberglass not being OEM doesnt fit right and needs body work... hope this is what you were looking for...
Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you order your hood? I need to order a vfn hood but I didn't see anyway to order on their website
Old 04-21-2007, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Where did you order your hood? I need to order a vfn hood but I didn't see anyway to order on their website
You will have to give them a call.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transmaro93
i go by this for all fiberglass hoods... run it on the car for about 2 weeks... then you paint it... the heat from the engine helps the gel coat cure 100% thus reavealing any waves-pin holes- and other imperfections that might show up through the paint if not cured like this... (iv seen people do this) its also good to run it on the car becuase you can line it up and make sure it fits properly somtimes fiberglass not being OEM doesnt fit right and needs body work... hope this is what you were looking for...
sounds good thanks...

Quick Reply: How long before new vfn hood can be painted