Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

how much single stage to paint car

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much single stage to paint car

ok well i run a bodyshop and was going to repaint my bumper (stupid mall) and then noticed rock chips on hood so sanded it then noticed spider crack on the finders sanded them also then seen the scratch on the door so sanded it then figured y not and fixed the dings on the quarters and small tear in the rear bumper. long story short i started out just touching up my bumper to a full paintjob. my question how much single stage will i need to paint a black car black with only a few primer spots. the paint mix's to a 8:2:1 ratio. i have a gallon and am pretty sure thats enuff but have never painted a whole car with single stage.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats plenty of paint. Don't catalyze all of the paint chances are your not going to need all of it and once you put the hardener in it you either use it or lose it.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

that will be plenty, quick question why single stage
Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well its black and my dd, and i've painted alot of interior pieces and some full custom pro-touring frames with the single stage black and it has a great shine and deep look. plus its just so easy to spray and work with not to mintion cheap and quick, so the less time it can spend in my shop and the spray booth the better. time is money. and i'll only have about 2 days and 100 bucks worth of materials into it. and i prefer to use single stage on straight colors anyways. as long as its not metalic or pearl i think single is just fine

Quick Reply: how much single stage to paint car