Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How to remove glue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to remove glue?

alright well for some reason my trim pieces were taken off my doors on the outside (the !molding pieces), and one of the previous owners tried using a glue of some type... i'm guessing its super glue or something like that, but now it looks like i have massive clearcoat runs in a couple spots from where they didnt even try to take it off before it dried... so i was just wondering if there was anything i could try to use to take it off, or if it could maybe be wetsanded down or something like that because i'm tryin little by little to make the body look better,and this is one of my problems i need to take care of... i've tried using that oops! stuff and goo gone, but neither worked and i had a good feeling they wouldn't.... but if anyone has any ideas or techniques on what to do let me know!
thanks!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Try Laquer thinner. Rub gently..
Old 09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

the body of your car sucks get exhaust and gears lol

go to your local auto parts store and they might have a disk that goes on a drill that is made of pencil eraserish material. and is used for decal removal.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Launching!

3M makes an adhesive remover that works great. The problem with paint thinner, MEK and things like that is that they evaporate very quickly and you have to keep putting more on. Takes forever, and there is a good chance of messing up the surface. A good adhesive remover - you put it on, wait a minute or two and wipe it all off.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

alright well i'll try to do something with it!
lol and yeah i actually do have gears in the car right now, just they are sitting in my back seat! and just got 3'' magnaflow exhaust, and i'm workin toward headers next

Quick Reply: How to remove glue?