Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Warranty question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warranty question.

I'm not sure which section to post this, but I didn't know the specifics on corrosion protection.

I have a 2002 Camaro that I just discovered has a leaking battery which has been eating away the underside of the battery tray support. I found corrosion had leaked onto the garage floor so I inspected the battery and it's pretty bad. I tried pulling the battery but I believe the nut that is welded onto the underside of the tray isn't welded anymore. The area is rusted and the paint is peeling up. I'd just repair this myself, but if it's covered then I'd take it in. Unfortunately my dealership went out of business last month and I haven't chosen a new one yet.

So... does whatever corrosion warranty that still exists on my car cover something like this?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Launching!

should be 10 years/ 100,000 miles on rust. thats what most gm cars are these days.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't think they will cover rust caused by battery acid. I could be wrong, good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

I ended up fixing it last weekend. It was pretty bad. I had to take the whole area down to bare metal and grind out the corrosion in some spots. On the plus side I just so happened to have blue paint that matched close enough to finish the job. I also ended up with an Optima battery mostly because they claim they're leak proof.

Thanks all.