Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

new paint project. need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new paint project. need help

Ok guys. i'm about to tackle 2 paint jobs on two Camaros, both being white 4th gens. I kinda have an idea of what guns/tips to use for sealer, primer, base, and clear. Now correct me if i'm wrong here but best thing i need to do is sand off all existing clear, re-primer entire car(heard this will provide best results), sand, seal,base,clear, and buff out clear. What am i missing and what grits should i use? would a DA sander be a bad idea for sanding the clear? Thanks for any and all help here. I've been reading threads for hours and my eyes are give out.....But Hopefully my Hugger Orange 95 LS1 will be something to talk about when finished
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I just painted my car bought cheap gun at home depot for primer,harbor freight has a copy of a good gun this gun is excellent for beginners use it for base & clear,i only used da for roof as clear was peeling,wet sand with 600 and paint stick,use 2k primer on body work spots,sealer,base clear..I have a website that is very detailed on this I followed it and car is perfect.will try and find website
Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Cool. thanks for the help. Anyone used Kobalt paint guns from Lowes?