You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!
Failure to follow these rules may result in your threads being locked, deleted, or moved. Depending on the severity of your actions, or frequency of your actions, your user account could be suspended or banned.
1. PRICE IS REQUIRED. We do not permit ads without a legitimate, actual asking price for each item. "Best Offer" is not an allowable substitute for posting a price. You may ask for $1 but a price must be listed regardless. Entering "$0" or bogus numbers like $123,456,789 are technically options when creating a new listing, but using those options do not change this rule.
2. EBAY LINKS AND OTHER LINKS. We allow links to ebay ads, but you MUST have a buy-it-now price posted, or an asking price to stop the auction in your ad here (Not just in the link). If it is from another site or from here, do not use a link but post the full text instead with pictures if you have them listed.
3. CITY / STATE / COUNTRY are required info for each ad. Buyers and sellers reserve the rights to privately ask for full contact information on any purchase or sale.
4. PARTS WANTED / WILLING TO TRADE. We have a separate Parts Wanted forum, please post what you are looking for there. "Willing to Trade" should also be posted there. Vehicles also belong in the vehicles for sale forum. Threads posted here of those kind will be deleted.
5. TTT / BUMPING. Do not "TTT" to-the-top or "Bump" your threads to the top of the forum more than ONCE per day. If you do this more than permitted, we may just delete your thread. Be considerate to others, your ad is not any more special than theirs. This includes "Payment sent", "Received Payment" and general chatter.
6. MEMBER FEEDBACK. Do not post member feedback in the classifieds forums. We have a separate "Member Feedback" forum at the bottom of the sales area of the main forum index.
7. SELLER HARASSMENT. If you are not interested in buying something from someone, do not negatively haggle them about the price, or post things that intend to hurt potential sales. Comments should be kept constructive.
8. DIBS. There is no "dibs" calling on this site. Just because you replied first, that does not guarantee you a sale. The item could be listed on several sites, in different forums, in the newspaper, on ebay, etc... so don't call dibs and act like a crybaby if you do not get the sale. Seller reserves all rights to sell or decline a sale to whomever he wishes.
9. NO TWO PARTY OR AT THE SHOP SALES. This means no more "I'm selling for a friend/my Brother/my Cousin" posts and will be deleted immediately. If the seller has parts coming off a car still at a shop and not off the vehicle, you must state you do not know what condition those part(s) is in. Seller assumes all responsibility of anything they post for sale, not the shop or a friend/relative.
10. FRAUD & RISK. Buy and Sell at your own risk. LS1TECH and its staff are not responsible if someone rips you off or doesn't send parts out in a timely manner. This classifieds section is a free service for the community, and it is YOUR responsibility to handle all transactions in a low-risk method. DO NOT contact us if there is a dispute between you and someone else, we are NOT INVOLVED. You can help minimize fraud risk by doing these suggestions:
Pay using www.paypal.com , using a credit card. This way, if a part does not arrive, you can do a charge back through your credit card company.
Always ask for full name, residential address, phone numbers of both buyers and sellers. An honest seller should have no problem disclosing this info to you privately.
If possible, ask for photos of the for sale items. This may help prove they actually have the item to sell. Tell them to stick a piece of paper in the photo that says "LS1TECH" on it, maybe with a date. That prevents them from reusing old photos from someone else's sale.
Shipping things C.O.D. is risky. Try to use UPS, Fedex, or USPS Delivery Confirmation so that you can track shipments. Have someone sign for it if it is expensive.
Ask for references from other members, hopefully from other members who have been registered for longer than one year and are active here.
Use your gut feeling. If something seems too good to be true, or a seller/buyer seems a little shady, don't take the risk.