Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Custom 2.9 Whipple LT1 Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Custom 2.9 Whipple LT1 Fbody

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $900
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): AR
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LT1/LT4, Small Block
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

Hello, I am selling my PROTOTYPE Custom 2.9 Whipple manifold to work with an LT1 Fbody. I am selling the base I built to pursue another base with possibly a bigger blower and some converted SBC heads (know that I know it can be done).
Selling the base for $900 this included the base ready to accept a magnacharger bypass valve (in pics), the plate the Whipple bolts to which bolts to the manifold, Stainless allen heads bolts that thread into the base to seal off the blower. From the pics I used a multi layer gakset I bought at a local parts store in sheet form and cut it to work.
The base accepts a 3/8 threaded IAT sensor and next too it is a 1/8 npt to accept a hobbs switch (See's boost to kick in second fuel pump).
The manfold uses only the outer 8 holes and I use angled washers to fix the bolt angle.
I currently plan to keep the 2.9, but if the buy is interested we can talk price on the entire kit. This would include the
Speed INC alternator relocation kit with everything converted to 8 rib (alternator, idlers, Crank pulley) blower would come with a 3.5 blower pulley, 1/2 thick Aluminum Blower Bracket that bolts to whipple/Block which contains a heavy duty 8 rib spring loaded tensioner. Custom Valvecovers (driverside VC about 1.5 inches shorter to allow inlet to pass over (plenty of clearence even with my 1.6 pro-mags), Aluminum Rear inlet which uses any LTX TB, Lokar cable setup, magnacharger Bypass valve, Aluminum 4.5 inlet with Card Style LS7/9 MAF sensor housing with 4.5 K/N Filter located outside of engine bay (comes with couplers and T-bolt clamps, Aluminum plate 1/4 inch K-member spacers to lower engine, 60lb mototron injectors, Edelbrock Fuel Rails with Fittings/lines, Thermostat Top housing (clocked inward to clear Blower bracket).
Price on all of this would be $5500, the parts alone are worth this, much less my time and R&D it took to build it.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn you lack of current funds! awesome build... i happen to hit the lotery ill be giving you a call good sir.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

is this thing still for sale?

Quick Reply: Custom 2.9 Whipple LT1 Fbody