Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

FS: LS9 Heads complete

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: LS9 Heads complete

Category: Racing Parts
Price: $1100
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, Corvette
Location (State): NJ
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Selling a set of LS9 heads off a zr1, one head in perfect condition and the other one some damage to two chambers and one exhaust valve destroyed. Will need the seats repaired on one cylinder.
Looking to get $1100 for them the way they are or I can have them repaired and ported for additional.
I'll post up pictures in a bit.
Email me at krazedz@yahoo.com
Located in NJ
Old 06-01-2016, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Old 06-02-2016, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

not going to happen....sorry
Old 06-02-2016, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

What are they worth repaired with a new exhaust valve, seats and surface? Just curious
Old 06-02-2016, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

These are basically LSA heads with nice valves. Nicer valves than most people want to pay for. The exhausts aren't that bad at ~$30/ea. but the intakes are about a hundred bucks each bought individually. I know because I gouged a few of each trying to use a cheap valve spring compressor. The design of the LS9 retainer(different than other LS) doesn't play nice with the flat bar/stud $30-ish compressors..you have to get a good one.

Non-ported versions of this head will have a "wing" in the intake ports that hurts flow(GM did this for efficiency and it doesn't matter as much with the supercharger). So out of the box these actually don't flow quite as well as LS3 or L92 heads. For that reason, unported, fixed, I'd say $800 to the right buyer that wants the better/stronger aluminum material these are cast from because they plan to boost the heck out of something..and appreciate the valves. Otherwise, $650 is better spent on a pair of LS3s to anyone that is going N/A or even medium boost.

As a point of reference, I bought a pair of the CNC version of these for $1200 shipped late last year. Brand new in sealed GM boxes. I wanted the light valves for RPMs and the CNC takes the wing out, puts flow right at what the LS3 CNCs can do.

Sorry for all the noise around the simple answer you asked for; I just happened to have had this debate inside my head a thousand times before I pulled the trigger. Good luck with your sale.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I figured that the typical lsa heads sell for the 650ish range and the fact that these have the del west titanium valves and good exhaust valves should be worth something.
The damage is really minor, I'll most likely repair them and have them fully ported so they are ready to bolt on to a zr1 or lsa setup since that is more the market.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you are on the right track. I honestly thought I got the deal of the century on the heads I bought and then realized most guys just aren't that worried about the special valves. It's odd because they really are a lot lighter and should help you turn more RPM more safely. But in the current world of hydraulic lifters/cams in most "built" engines these days most people don't think much past 6500RPM which is where these parts show their value.

Quick Reply: FS: LS9 Heads complete