Notices

I NEEd a sail panel for a 2000 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default I NEEd a sail panel for a 2000 WS6

The wifes car is starting to bubble and all that crap, what do you guys have? PM me or e-mail me z28fabian@yahoo.com
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You're gonna have to get it new through GM. These things are pretty much impossible to remove without cracking.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Bump

yeah I know you cant remove em. I had one guy PM me that he had one but didnt gimme a price. I have no idea what these go for :/
Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof

They aint cheap (GM part only). Helpful info from this site shows the repair done by by breaking the old one off in pieces, and then replacing it with a new one. https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...-yourself.html However, I've been told you can make a tool to cut through the adhesive and remove a good part from a donor car. Take some piano wire (as the SB suggests), cut a couple of 2x2's to use as handles, drill a hole through each, then thread/wrap the wire through. I have yet to try this but you should be able to feed the wire under 1 side and then pull or saw the wire through the adhesive while a buddy lifts the part as you go. I plan on locating a pre-98 car with a good roof (sail panel) in a local salvage yard, offer them $25 or so to let me try and remove it. If it works then I'll post. If it don't I'm out a few $$. Heck if it works, I might even video it and post. I dont know bout you, I hate lookin at those bubbles yet I would rather spend that $$$ on some new longtubes, or a cam, or a..... you get my point?