Notices

WTD Differential

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTD Differential

I need a stock differential for my 98 Trans Am 6 Speed car, 3.42 gears. The differential that's in the rear end right now is a worm gear differential but I think any differential from a stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears should work. Let me know what you have an how much you want, I need this within the next couple days because I'll be heading back to college next weekend. I'm not looking to spend a lot since I just dropped $500 on the stock rear end to find that the differential is shot.

Well I bought a stock rear end a couple months ago from a guy on this forum, the guy said the rear end only had 100 miles on it and was in perfect working condition. I just got back from college and opened the rear cover to find chunks of 1/4 inch metal everywhere. The worm screws in the differential are completly destroyed. The rear end is like brand new, probably 100 miles on it, but I guess paying quite a bit for a like new rear end doesn't really matter when you have to buy another differential because the guy you bought it from lies to you and tells you everything is in perfect condition.

Last edited by 98WhiteDevil; 03-11-2007 at 01:50 PM.