Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP...confused about LTFT's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP...confused about LTFT's...

Alright, I see everyone saying that I need to get my LTFT's to a slightly negative number, ok, fair enough.

I made 2 logs files yesterday. The one on my way to work had the LTFT's at 0% TPS between 1.6 to 2.3, or 2.3 to 3.9. They were varying like that, the left was always lower. Using the LS1 Tuning Analysis spreadsheet, my O2's at WOT looked pretty good, and were basically constant. The LTFT's would go to 0 under WOT like they are supposed to, I guess...

So after doing some reading at work, I decifer that I need to scale my IFR values down some to lower the LTFT's. I really dont want to mess with the MAF tables. So I scaled the complete IFR table by 99%. I made another run after work, since I scaled it at work, and now the LTFT's were 5.5 to 6.3 and even up to 9.4 to 11.7? I didnt get to see what they were at WOT because it was raining this time. Since I had no WOT, I also didnt get to see how my O2's looked...

So did I scale the IFR table the wrong way? In normal person terms, if the LTFT's are at a positive value, should the IFR tables bescaled down, like 99% or less, or should they be scaled up like 101% or more?

The car is a 98' A4 with a cam, headers, converter, FIPK, ported TB, and a couple of things...

Here are the comma delimted Excel files if anyone cares to look at them...

1st run on way to work

2nd run after work

Sorry this is so long, I have done a ton of searching, but it seems like everyone I read contradicts the one I read before it...Thanks in advance

Old 09-14-2003, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: HELP...confused about LTFT's...

You want your LTFTs to go to 0 at wot. Your LTFTs should have gone the other way if you multiplied the ifr table by 99%, thats what mine did.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: HELP...confused about LTFT's...

Scaling IFR up leans you out.