PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got Hp tuners and a couple questions (tried search)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got Hp tuners and a couple questions (tried search)

I have 2 issues I need some help with. First, heres a little info about my set up. I'm using HP Tuners with LC1. The car is a 99 Z28 A3, th224 cam, LSX78mm and all the bolt ons and was flashed to an 02 OS.

When I start my car up it revs up to about 1800-2000rpms for a second or two before coming back down to a stable 750rpm idle. What table do I go to to work this out? It just does this only right at start up and goes away after a sec or two. Still very annoying!

Question 2.
How do I richen up the idle? According to the LC1 it goes from 17.1 - 20.1. What do I need to work on here? WOT is right around 13.0 to 1. From what I have read this is about ideal?

I'm a new Hp tuner guy so I welcome all the help I can get!
Old 10-19-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't use HP Tuners, but all the tuning packages should be about the same. The idle issue most likely will have to do with the position that the IAC is parking at. But before I'd change it, I'd look at where it sits when the motor is hot and idling, because if it is already mostly closed, you might either have a vacuum leak or the throttle plate might not be closing far enough