Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 codes !!!help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 codes !!!help

I have a 98 z with hooker long tubes and no cats. The car has rear o2 sims. I keep getting a bank 1 sensor 1 slow response code and a bank 2 sensor 1 o2 slow response code as well. I have previously had a o2 heater circuit code also. The sensor have been replaced 2 times now and am still getting the code. I installed gm o2 sensors and the car has had the extention harness for the o2s the entire time the headers have been on. Sometimes the light will go off and the car seems to have more power. Is it possible that the extension harnesses need to be replaced?? Or is there something else it could be?? thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do a search for the actual codes. It's a common problem with long tubes. When the codes are active it runs in open loop and will run rich.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

ok. the 2 most recent were 0153 and 0133. I looked them up and thats how i got the description, but wasnt sure what besides the sensor typically causes that code. I clear it and then its sometimes stays off a while then comes back, sometimes days sometimes hours