PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1-Edit tuners. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1-Edit tuners. Please help

Bought Ls-1 Edit. Liket to tinker so not a problem. My problem is someone already re-flashed my PCM, I have some problems with operation that I'm trying to fix. (fans on all the time, rough idle and dying at cold, etc.)
In order to really trouble shoot I need a stock flash for a 2000 LS-1 Z-28 to compare my present flash to. My setup is a custom conversion into a late 80's vette. (boy it's really nice to smoke the meats!! Think I'm smoking the clutch too!) Anyway, any LS-1 Edit experts out there that can send me a stock flash. How about one for big tube headers and a full 3" dual mandrel exhaust with dynomax race muffs??? Someone told me that an engine needs some backpressure!?! Ha!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:35 PM
8 Second Club

exhaust wont change it much.... m6 or an auto tune? u cant just thro any tune in it or it will fry the ecu the 1st segment id #s have to have the first 4 match....
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM

I wasn't going to throw in someone else's tune, that would be stupid. Just wanted to compare certain values of things in my tune. I have the M6 transmission. For instance the AC add air settings are set at 0 for in drive and in neutral and I know those are not right. The LS1-Edit doc shows a .05 there in a screen shot so I just have to assume that is right. If I had a stock tune file to compare values with it would make my guessing a little more scientific? SWAG! The exhaust I'm referring to is REALLY big and super low backpressure. Handmade, can't buy anything like it. Course I don't know if that has anything to do with my idle issues. Another reason it would be nice to have an example to compare to.