PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picking up autotap soon. how necessary is the GM specific software?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picking up autotap soon. how necessary is the GM specific software?

1996 firebird formula LT1 OBD2. as stated in the title, how necessary is it to get the GM specific software for autotap?

what are the major benefits versus not having it?

i am going to be using the readouts for use with LT1Edit. however my car is just a bolt on car and wont require any major tuning, i am getting it so i can be acquatinted with the LT1Edit before the cam and further mods come in.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both, and cannot recommend either.
LT1Edit has not been updated for years, although they still want some money for "future updates". What a lousy joke.
Autotap must use the "Beta" version which is out there for years. If you do not buy the "enhanced" version, do not waste your money. The basic version is of no use for analysis. I personally would search for a different program.

t
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
I have both, and cannot recommend either.
LT1Edit has not been updated for years, although they still want some money for "future updates". What a lousy joke.
Autotap must use the "Beta" version which is out there for years. If you do not buy the "enhanced" version, do not waste your money. The basic version is of no use for analysis. I personally would search for a different program.

t
there arent too many alternatives to LT1 edit from what i have read and searched.

what would you recommend other than autotap? if i do get autotap i will be sure to get the GM enhanced software.

*remember that this is an LT1 not an LSX which definitly reduces the amount of quality programs and programs period unfortunately.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I too have an LT1. I would do more research on what works on our cars. I did not. I did what I was told, and I regret it. I would get Jet but I do not know if it does data collection. But it is a lot more versatile and easier to use than LT1edit.
But Autotap sucks, and it is expensive.

Last edited by koolaid_kid; 11-20-2008 at 10:46 PM.