Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about HP tuners

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HP tuners

I have read, read, and read on HP Tuners website and such, and I haven't found very much info on how HP Tuners credit system, and liscensing systems work.

If I buy HP tuners, it comes with 8 credits. I see that it costs 2 credits to tune my car. Now that unlocks my car, and I can tune it everytime I buy a new whatever for it? Or do I have to pay more credits every time I tune?

If I pay 6 credits, I can tune ANY, and EVERY 01 LS1 Firebirds as many times as I want correct? And if I pay 20 I can tune EVERY 4th Gen firebird?

I also read somewhere that If you have a FI/Nitrous car you have to pay 4 credits, which makes me wonder why would I only have to pay 2 credits to tune a car as many times as I want?

If you buy a used HP Tuners system, the original owner has to call, and have all the liscensing changed to your info?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes it is 2 credits to licence JUST your car. This is for the stock operating system ONLY if you want to use a speed density setup then it is another 2 credits to unlock the SD operating system that most use for FI setups. With the 2 credits required to unlock your car you can tune as many times as you wish period. The 4 credits you see for the nitrous and FI cars is 2 to unlock the car and another 2 for the SD operating system = 4 total. Also the live tuning is 2 credits as well.

Not sure on the transfering situation though.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I buy HP tuners, it comes with 8 credits. I see that it costs 2 credits to tune my car. Now that unlocks my car, and I can tune it everytime I buy a new whatever for it? Or do I have to pay more credits every time I tune?
2 Credits for a single vcm license which will allow you to tune your stock operating system an unlimited amount of times.

If I pay 6 credits, I can tune ANY, and EVERY 01 LS1 Firebirds as many times as I want correct?
Correct

And if I pay 20 I can tune EVERY 4th Gen firebird?
Our Gen 3 V8 Car tunershop package is 30 credits and would allow you to tune every:
Firebird/Camaro 5.7
Chevy Corvette 5.7
Chevy SSR 5.3
Pontiac GTO 5.7
Cadillac CTS-V 5.7

I also read somewhere that If you have a FI/Nitrous car you have to pay 4 credits, which makes me wonder why would I only have to pay 2 credits to tune a car as many times as I want?
Single VCM Enhancements(also known as custom operating systems) are 2 credits but allows you to switch between any available enhancement free of charge so you can go from a 1 bar SD to 3 bar SD without using any more credits.

However, the gen 3 V8 car tunershop licenses gives you FREE of charge the gen 3 V8 car enhancements so you wouldn't need to pay any credits for any custom operating systems you apply to those vehicles.

If you buy a used HP Tuners system, the original owner has to call, and have all the liscensing changed to your info?
No, the original owner just needs to login to his customer page & assign you a new password and then you update your customer profile, thats it.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks alot guys!