Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diablo tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default diablo tuning

My current set up is SLP CAI,Lid,smooth bellow,ported TB,egr mod,lingenfelter ported manifold,1:85 rockers w/02 ls6 valve springs,JBA headers no cats,SLP y pipe,qtec cutout, diablo tune,asp underdrive pulley.My question is is it worth putting my car on a wideband dyno and further tuning it with the diablo tuner? I know you can only adjust the timing and fuel at wot + or - 10 percent will I benefit any? Should I send my mod list to diablo and have a custom tune downloaded before the dyno tune or not even bother with a custom tune because of my light mods? Do you think I will beable to squize some more power out of the wot adjustments?
I know long tubes and cams make more power than my setup but I did not want to install a cam or have problems smogging in Cali. I am very happy with the power I have achieved. Its way faster than stock. Any input is appreciated.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:38 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Default Re: diablo tuning

I would attempt to have diablosport tune it for you, if you can get them to. I purchased one awhile ago, and it was very difficult to get them to do anything, but I have heard of many people getting custom tunes done through them.

Btw, there are a lot of cams out there that will give you some significant power, while still allowing you to pass emissions. Especially since you already have the LS6 springs and rockers on there, the cam install would be a snap.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gained +14rwhp/12rwtq peak, (+17rwhp/tq lower in the RPM scale) w/Predator by spending an hour on a Dyno with Wideband O2 Sensor feedback. I increased timing 10% and decreased PE by -2.5% to bring my A/F Ratio from 11.9:1 (before) to 12.78:1 (after). Rwhp/rwtq went from 320/344 to 334/356 so for me it was worth doing.

As far a the Custom Tune goes, look at your LTFT's during normal cruise/light throttle conditions and also at WOT. If they aren't locked at 0.00% during WOT and 0.00% +/- 1% to 2% during cruise then you should get a Custom Tune before going to the Dyno. (If I was to guess, I'd say that with your mod's your LTFT's are probably above +8.00% during cruise). FWIW, I downloaded my Custom Tune 2 weeks ago and the car in noticeably more responsive.

Nick
Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Diablo can hook you up..
Old 10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

what he said, look at the LTFT's and the WOT o2 numbers and spark. record these numbers and email someone at diablo sport. i have had them make me over 20 tunes, gettin it just right....havent hit the dyno but checkin out numbers on the street will make a big difference