Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Innovative wideband users...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 01:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Innovative wideband users...

What's the scoop on this? I see I the RPM cable isn't available for a few more weeks. But I thought I read that you can replace a stock O2 with the wideband, and then have some sort of harness/splitter which connects to the O2 harness as well as the AFR wiring. Anyone care to elaborate?

Looking for something I don't need to R&R everytime I want to use it...better yet, just leave in all the time.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Innovative wideband users...

It does have a cable that you can splice into the o2 sensor wires to send a signal to the pcm. Or you could get another connector end and put it in that so you don't have to cut the factory wires. That output signal is fully programmable, and comes with a default setting for simulating a narrowband sensor (stock o2's). Haven't messed with it yet though, so no clue what wires to connect. Their manual does give reccomendations/considerations for having it permanently in the car. I thought about that, however, I can get the bung welded in near the other one on my ypipe and can remove it just by laying down on the ground. And you can wiretie the cable in the area for when it's unplugged (should put a bag around the connector).