Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front o2 Sensor Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front o2 Sensor Problems!!!!

well i have a 01 zo6 with a fresh forged H/C/I 347, and i have been having problems with the front Bank 2 o2 sensor. Its stuck at 450mv and sometimes moves to 455mv. But bank 1 moves from 820mv to 180mv at idle. Both o2 sensors are fairly new bosch's from advanced auto (Less than 2500 miles). The previous owner (500hp of this forum) of my car did the engine work and stated that he replaced the both front o2s when he did the Kooks Lts. He also said he noticed the front Bank 2 o2 sensor stuck at this value after he had a dyno tune (before the engine rebuild) and the rears turned off. So how do i diagnois this problem. As i am supposed to be getting a dyno tune this Sunday.

Is it possible that bank 2 o2 sensor was shut off when the rears were turned off??

also i only get a DTC every so ofter which is P0171.

Thanks for you input, L.J. Treffer
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check the harness for a bad wire and try another sensor if you have one. Sounds like a wiring issue to me. Even if the codes are shut off in the tune, the sensor will show activity when you look at mv's...
Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, sounds to me like there's a damaged wire in the harness leading to the passenger side front O2. Were the wires extended for the headers?

A little known trick that you might find useful (as a free repair and as a means of plugging in O2's with long tubes) is to swap the pins at the PCM for the front and rear O2's...then plug the front O2's into the rear connectors and set the rear O2's and set the rear O2's to "no error reported" in the PCM. The benefit to you is it would be using different wires in the harness (if you can't find where the short is in the wires to the front sensor).
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
I agree, sounds to me like there's a damaged wire in the harness leading to the passenger side front O2. Were the wires extended for the headers?

A little known trick that you might find useful (as a free repair and as a means of plugging in O2's with long tubes) is to swap the pins at the PCM for the front and rear O2's...then plug the front O2's into the rear connectors and set the rear O2's and set the rear O2's to "no error reported" in the PCM. The benefit to you is it would be using different wires in the harness (if you can't find where the short is in the wires to the front sensor).
I just recently put long tubes headers into my car and I eliminated the cats so I got no place where to connect the 2 rears O2's sensor. Is there any other way to turn off the SES ligth without getting a tune?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

Try swapping the sensors from side to side, that will tell you if a sensor is bad, or if its a wiring problem. Sounding like its in the wiring though.

Quick Reply: Front o2 Sensor Problems!!!!