Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune going weird?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune going weird?

I have a Cam car that is SD tuned by a reputable tuner for some reason the tune degrades over time. Symptoms are when leaving aggressively from a stop it stumbles and then goes, also it does not recover from idle very well sometimes it will stay at 600 rpm for a min? Any help would be appreciated Id like to figure it out before I go see him.

P.S. I have 42#s from FICinjectors that are at 79% dc and Im only around 430hp. I have 255 lph pump with the hot wire. Tuner said he had to put in high figures to get the a/r right for the size injector.

Thanks Eric
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The "tune' can't "degrade over time". It can not change. The PCM runs a checksum on the calibration often. If one bit changes you will get an SES light and a memory error code. The only way that could change woul be a failing flash memory chip. That would be a PCM issue, not the tuning. If the fuel trims are off some, or you have a knock (false or otherwise) detected the PCM can back the timing down. Don't blame your tuner until you know what is wrong. If you suspect it is learning something to cause a change in performance, reset the PCM to see if it runs better again. That info will also help your tuner determin what to look at when you go back. More often than not, something on the vehicle "degrades", as the tuning can not change.

Good luck, Ed
Old 03-07-2009, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info, Im in now way blaming the tuner great person I just want to know some possible reasons that it may be going soft on me before I have to make a trip to see him so I dont waste my time or his.

How do you reset the pcm? Nevermind found it in the sticky, If it is a failing flash memory chip is that a fixable problem with out replacing the pcm?

Thanks Eric

Last edited by fauslpss; 03-07-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Reset the pcm and made the car run better, So know I have to find out what the problem is? Any suggestions?