PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

2 BAR Turbo Tuning! Help....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 BAR Turbo Tuning! Help....

Few major Q's
99 trans am. stock shortblock , ported 317's, TTI turbo street kit with a 70mm. 60# mototrons and its a 2 bar SD OS.

1 What will happen if im running a 2.5 bar sensor on a 2 bar system? any problems with running or drivability?

2 When switching to 2 bar OS from stock OS is there anything i need to turn off, delete, or change to get it to run coreectly (maf frequency fail)??? IN HPTUNERS LOL

3 Is there any way to load a whole tune from sombodys car into mine with out using credits (copy and pasting)???

4 (figured out)

Last edited by SD99TA214; 03-14-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

nobody????
Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SD99TA214
Few major Q's

1 What will happen if im running a 2.5 bar sensor on a 2 bar system? any problems with running or drivability?

2 When switching to 2 bar OS from stock OS is there anything i need to turn off, delete, or change to get it to run coreectly (maf frequency fail)???

3 Is there any way to load a whole tune from sombodys car into mine with out using credits (copy and pasting)???

4 Ive recently changed my os to 2 bar, used a cobalt sensor, and copied and pasted my lower ve in the ve table of the 2 bar........car wont idle AT ALL so if theres anything i should be aware of,,,, please feel free too comment THANKS>

You have to give these guys your INFO!!!!

They don't know what setup you have, what tuning program, etc, etc.

Whatever program you are using has a help file/website on what you are trying to do.

You gonna have to learn the hard way just like the rest of us including me...

So post up your setup then do what your help file says then come back if you run into trouble....

The cobalt sensor works fine under 2bar as long as the map settings are right.. I have it too..
Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Few major Q's

That cobalt SS sensor is a 2 bar.

2 When switching to 2 bar OS from stock OS is there anything i need to turn off, delete, or change to get it to run coreectly (maf frequency fail)???

Read the stickies in the HP Tuners forum. You need to disable the MAF.

You will have to use 2 credits. You can use somebody else's tune. Look in the HP Tuners help file. It explains exactly how to flash the 2 bar OS.

4 Ive recently changed my os to 2 bar, used a cobalt sensor, and copied and pasted my lower ve in the ve table of the 2 bar........car wont idle AT ALL so if theres anything i should be aware of,,,, please feel free too comment THANKS>

add 10% to the VE. Then add 10 more. If it is getting worse subtract 10%. It's either rich or lean. If you had stock VE tables on a modded car and were running a MAF tune it is probably too lean.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry! good point! ok i have hptuners. 99 trans am. stock shortblock , ported 317's, TTI turbo street kit with a 70mm. 60# mototrons and its a 2 bar SD OS.

Car Idles good now but i still need to now those answers to clear some things up. Thanks guys and sprry for my "newb " like actions LOL, My mind was running like a hundred miles an hour!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Sorry! good point! ok i have hptuners. 99 trans am. stock shortblock , ported 317's, TTI turbo street kit with a 70mm. 60# mototrons and its a 2 bar SD OS.

Car Idles good now but i still need to now those answers to clear some things up. Thanks guys and sprry for my "newb " like actions LOL, My mind was running like a hundred miles an hour!

I hope I wasn't too mean to ya

Since you have Hp Tuners, did you watch some of the help videos they have up?

Also there is a tuning pdf. book on there too. It's called: Cpig's HPTuners Vehicle Tuning Guide.

It helped me alot and so it should get you going.

I hope you have a wideband.

I was told that another persons tune is a bad idea, unless they do have the same exact setup as you do.

And there IS a way to copy and paste someone elses tune just open your file first, then open the file you want (open via compare files) click no, and go to each of the settings and copy, paste for free.. NO CREDITS NEEDED!!

Last edited by 87MONTECARLOLSXON6'S; 03-14-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 87MONTECARLOLSXON6'S
I hope I wasn't too mean to ya

Since you have Hp Tuners, did you watch some of the help videos they have up?

Also there is a tuning pdf. book on there too. It's called: Cpig's HPTuners Vehicle Tuning Guide.

It helped me alot and so it should get you going.

I hope you have a wideband.

I was told that another persons tune is a bad idea, unless they do have the same exact setup as you do.

And there IS a way to copy and paste someone elses tune just open your file first, then open the file you want (open via compare files) click no, and go to each of the settings and copy, paste for free.. NO CREDITS NEEDED!!

LOL no im grown, dont get my feelings hurt any more.

Thanks, had no idea about the videos. ill check that out.

ya i learned real quick that useing someone elses tune isnt all that great.
Mainly wanted the IFR rates to start the car with the 60#s. figured out the copy paste on my own but thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: 2 BAR Turbo Tuning! Help....