PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on HPP3 shift points with 3.73 gears?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on HPP3 shift points with 3.73 gears?

Hi, anyone out there have any suggestion on shift points on the hypertech prog, I know they are not the best things for our cars but it's all I have to work with, and I just don't understand or know how to adjust them, I have 3.73s in there and never messed with any of the shift points as of yet, I don't have any stall converter or cam, just the cat-back and shorty headers, so I would appreciate any ideas on this, and the HPP3 has it set up weird when you try adjusting them, it's + or - so many mph, I really don't have any idea what I am reading when I read that section, so if anyone could tell me exactly how to set that, just for something to try since I never done that before that would be great, thanks for your time.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Help on HPP3 shift points with 3.73 gears?

I had the same prob when i got my 3.73s I just bought a predator, since HPP3 is all you have to work with ur out of luck. When i had my hpp3 I fixed the speedo and then I went out driving, the car shifts very quick at part throttle. Its kind of annoying so i dont know you will just have to play around with your shift points and get them within your preference. Good Luck

WeS
Old 10-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Help on HPP3 shift points with 3.73 gears?

Hi, well thanks, yeah guess I just need to mess with this, I just don't know what I am doing to mess with it, lol.