Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car runs like shit! Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car runs like ****! Help

When the car is cold it smokes when it starts, If it stalls or shuts off you have to hold it full throttle to start like its flooded, Has no throttle response, and the temp. guage shows nothin, when it gets warm the exhuast has a poppen noise. When I shut it off and wait about a min. to start it's fine. I don't know what the deal is with it but I getting tired of it. Anyone know what it is?
Thanks
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

No reading on the temp gage would lead me to inspect the integrity of the ECT sensor and pigtail. The other symptoms without elaboration sound like a lack of tuning and or intake or exhaust leaks. More information=more answers.
What diagnostic tools do you have at your disposal? Your hands and eyes and ears can narrow down an exhuast leak cheaply. A can of starting fluid can help with intake leaks affordably.

Beyond all of the "home" remedies you will need to consult with a shop that has more sophisticated diagnostic equipment.

First and foremost, all the fancy equipment notwithstanding, these LSx based systems are completely intollerant of unknown information- leaks.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

After the car is warmed up everything works(temp. guage,throttle response, etc). I have a scanner and but no codes popped up. when I go the car it had an exhuast leak but it's fixed now. I don't think it would be a leak because it would do it all the time wouldn't it. I thought it might be the tune I guess I'm going to have to have it retuned.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a bad Engine Coolant Temperature sensor to me - must not be totally dead, but not working till it gets hot - they fail in the cold direction and make the car run extremely rich...