Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:18 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPP3 question

I just installed HPP3 last night and installed the power tune. I didn't get any knocking. If it doesn't knock can I still lose power or should it help the power. I can't really feel any difference in SOTP. I am just trying to figure out if I should leave the power tuning on or take it off. What are you guys experiences with HPP3 and the power tuning?
Old 10-30-2003, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only way to tell really is take it to the track and see if you pickup some mph ... I didn't have any luck w/the HPP3 tuning (actually lost power) ... but it really depends on the car...

If you can hit a track, try a few passes w/the tuning, then let the car cool and try a few passes w/out the tuning...
Old 10-30-2003, 09:27 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by horist
Only way to tell really is take it to the track and see if you pickup some mph ... I didn't have any luck w/the HPP3 tuning (actually lost power) ... but it really depends on the car...

If you can hit a track, try a few passes w/the tuning, then let the car cool and try a few passes w/out the tuning...
Thanks, I am going to the track tonight. I will let you know what the verdict is.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:46 AM
STF Veteran

I went to the track last night and the HPP3 knocked off .2 seconds on my 1/8 mile times and add 1.25 mph. I didn't think it would be that good. I am happy with it now.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

After installing the HPPIII I was able to notice a slight difference in the SOTP feel. This was basically from throttle response and the different sound my engine was making.