PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Solenoid fuse keeps burning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reverse Solenoid fuse keeps burning?

Yesterday I was scared b/c my reverse was really hard to get into but it ran,so some guys helped me out on here and said it might just be the reverse solenoid so I checked it and it was burned.I replaced it and as soon as I replaced it my reverse went in smooth!But know the problem is that after I turn the car on and off and then turn it back on my fuse is burned?Also yesterday my SES light came on after I took it to the car wash and didnt want to run right.I took it to get it scanned and they said it was the air line or MAF.Do you think water got in there some where and messed up my wires b/c the MAF and the reverse solenoid are the same fuse?By the way its a 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I cleaned my engine bay once with a high pressure hose and the car wouldn't start (...gotta learn somewhere...). I let it sit for a couple hours and everything came back to normal.

You may have gotten some water where it wasn't supposed to go.

Is it better now?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the code was P0102 for the MAF that's sometimes the first code it'll throw if the engine sensor (ENG SEN) fuse is blown. Yes, the reverse lockout and MAF are on the same circuit - along with the skip shift and 02 sensors. Could be anything on that circuit.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
If the code was P0102 for the MAF that's sometimes the first code it'll throw if the engine sensor (ENG SEN) fuse is blown. Yes, the reverse lockout and MAF are on the same circuit - along with the skip shift and 02 sensors. Could be anything on that circuit.
Yeah it said both my two front 02 sensors were bad,the Maf was getting low circuit input or output cannt remember.So I got new SLP MAF and 02 sensors and the fuse didnt burn anymore but the SES light was still on and said the same thing so the guy told me he could erase it but it might come back so he did and it never came back on.But the car seems to idle really low sometimes and my SES light isnt on do you know why?