PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting carb setup to efi in my 68, want a crash course in what im getting into

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Converting carb setup to efi in my 68, want a crash course in what im getting into

Ive been running my carb setup for about a year and a half now and have finally decided to go EFI. I will be running a Victor JR EFI manifold with 28lb injectors (are they big enough? i already have the set) not sure on the fuel pump yet running a vette filter and regulator, a 4150 throttle body and all the mods in my sig with a painless harness. I am using a 2000 Ws6 ecu.

I dont know anything about tuning the LS1 software so i am thinking about just sending my computer out and getting it tuned for my setup then maybe waiting to tune it myself or should i just jump right into it with something like EFI live? Are there members on here who will sell me a baseline tune to go off for a reasonable price? Sort of like PredatorZ and PatG spec cams?

Anyway sorry if this is a 'noob' post but i will be here reading up on all this for the better part of the day.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also i have a Fast dual wideband controller which has outputs for a computer to read AFR, could i just hook these up to the painless harness rather than using factory 02 sensors?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get hp tuners i will sell you a base tune for $0.00