Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune For Intake/TB Bolt On

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tune For Intake/TB Bolt On

My gf just bought a 99 SS wiht a bbk ssi intake, professinal products 80mm tb, slp maf, edelbrock shortys and aftermarket y, flowmaster exhaust, SLP lid, 160 stat and some misc stuff. I didnt think the car would need a tune but im wondering if it does. The car pulls hard to about 5k and then starts falling off. We changed the plugs and there like white as a ghost so im wondering if it needs some fuel up top? Any suggestions? Tune or something else?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You checked fuel pressure yet? Fuel filter? With those mods, it would most likely need a tune to run ideally, but it should be fine with the stock tune I'd think, but who knows. Check simple stuff first like fuel pressure and filter, then if it is still acting weird get it tuned. If the plugs are white, that is not good.

One other thing to check would be the MAF, use some electronics cleaner or some MAF cleaner and spray it out good, make sure there is no crud on the wires.

good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to change the fuel filter and ill check pressure this week. I never really seen anyone have good luck with a slp maf sensor yet, its clean inside almost brand new. I would like to try a stock one on it and see if anything changes. I just didnt think a tune would be needed for those little bolt ons.