Tuning helps

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning helps

Car is a 2000 6spd camaro w/

ls6 intake, TSP torquer v2, ported tb, longtubes/ypipy, cutout, lid

When I start the car I have to give it gas and keep it at 1500rpm then slowly come down to get it to idle normal (900 or so RPM). If I start it without doing this the car goes down to like 100rpm bounces back and forth then either idles normal or dies. When I turn the ac on even when warmed up it seems to have a problem idling.

The car has some kind of tune on it from the guy I bought it from, I added an hptuners license, but am not sure what I need to do (noob)

Does anyone have similar mods as me and can send me their file and I'll edit mine to make it similar?

Thx
Old 05-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airattack111
Car is a 2000 6spd camaro w/

ls6 intake, TSP torquer v2, ported tb, longtubes/ypipy, cutout, lid

When I start the car I have to give it gas and keep it at 1500rpm then slowly come down to get it to idle normal (900 or so RPM). If I start it without doing this the car goes down to like 100rpm bounces back and forth then either idles normal or dies. When I turn the ac on even when warmed up it seems to have a problem idling.

The car has some kind of tune on it from the guy I bought it from, I added an hptuners license, but am not sure what I need to do (noob)

Does anyone have similar mods as me and can send me their file and I'll edit mine to make it similar?

Thx
You need more fuel and timing you have to adjust the idle airflow and target idle speed in hp tuners
Old 05-17-2009, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your hot idle IAC counts? Posting a scan and tune would help also.