Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car is banging out again...ugh

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car is banging out again...ugh

setup in sig.Well i fixed this problem last year and now its back. last time it was my coil so replaced it with an msd one from the parts store.Was running good..now the past two weeks it seems like its back maybe even worst..as soon as i start hitting boost somewhere 5-10lbs, it just falls on its face and breaks up.but then yesterday it didnt breakup at all when i ran it hard..but just that one instance..it does this all the time .my wideband shows it way rich and i keep pulling fuel and its still bangin out.i am thinking something is happening with the spark and its loading up with fuel in the exhaust. This has got to be ignition..plugs are good the wires are good...coil was good...timing is good..fueling..i dont even know at this point but is staying in the very low 10.1's
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well with all the feedback on here,lol, i was able to figure it out. had a buddy ran into the same problem on his turbo ss truck and his was a split plug wire boot...mine was a boot barely holding the wire on.damn steering coupler had been tugging at it and apparently had popped it off enough for it to still barely make the spark for a nice idle...gotta love the free fixes..but gotta hate the weeks of headaches before that point lol
Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, wtf is banging out
Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Poppin,sputtering,uncontrolled sparkage lol